It was a pleasure to welcome members of the OMA from over seven generations to the Quiet Garden opening ceremony this term, a project made possible by the OMA’s donation to the 2018 Annual Fund. Following a Chapel service with the whole School, The Right Revd Glyn Webster, Bishop of Beverley led a very touching ceremony in the Garden itself accompanied by Chamber Choir soloist Gabriella Commins (Year LVI).
The Garden features a labyrinth, a gazebo with a beautiful stained glass panel and two memorial benches kindly donated by the Class of 2009 in loving memory of Clemmie Nicholson (2004-2007) and August Atkinson (2002 – 2009). Step outside the entrance and you will also find a beautiful rowan tree donated by the family of Sheila Wylie (Colley, 1941-1946), who was an active member of the OMA and a regular attendee at the Edinburgh Drinks Reception until her death in 2018.
We hope that the Garden will provide a place of serenity and reflection for all members of the QM Family, whether visited by girls during break time for a moment of calm or enjoyed by OMs at a reunion with their old classmates.
To arrange a visit to QM and a chance to enjoy time in the Quiet Garden, please contact email@example.com.